1. Openness and transparency
Goodbrand Pty Ltd, Goodbrand.com.au and its affiliates (“Goodbrand”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and respect and uphold your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"). By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by Goodbrand as set out in this policy.
2. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth. Personal information also includes credit information. Credit information is personal information or an opinion about you that has a bearing on credit that has been provided to you or that you have applied for. Credit information includes information about credit that was applied for or provided to you for domestic, household, personal or other investment purposes as well as information about you where you are a guarantor of a loan.
Goodbrand will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Goodbrand will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Goodbrand may collect your personal information from reputable third party lead generation sources for marketing purposes, but only where you have consented to the disclosure of your information to Goodbrand and forGoodbrand to send you marketing communications. Kogan will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Personal information may be collected byGoodbrand in a number of circumstances, including when you:
- make an enquiry with us via email or telephone;
- visit our websites;
- lodge an enquiry or application in relation to any Kogan products or services; or
- apply for employment with Goodbrand.
Goodbrand may enter into arrangements with third parties (including third parties with whom Goodbrand has partnered to provide you with its various products or services using theGoodbrand brand) to collect your personal information in circumstances where the third party notifies you, at the time of collection, that your personal information will be provided to Goodbrand.
The kinds of credit-related personal informationGoodbrand may collect about you includes:
- information about your identity;
- information about consumer credit loans that you currently have applied for including:
- repayment history information;
- the type and amount of credit sought in each application;
- default and payment information;
- information about any court proceedings;
- credit eligibility information, which is credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting body, and any information that we derive from it.
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or you do not provide identifiable information Goodbrand may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you.
Goodbrand requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
4. What does Goodbrand do with your personal information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collectionGoodbrand uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
- providing our products and services to you;
- providingGoodbrand branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- our internal management needs;
- our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to Kogan branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- assessing, processing and managing your applications for Goodbrand products and services or Goodbrand branded products and services offered by our third party partners, including to assess your credit risk and our risk;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
5. Disclosure of personal information
Goodbrand may disclose your personal information:
- to third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by Goodbrand;
- any person or entity to whom you have consented to Goodbrand disclosing your personal information to; and
- any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law.
6. Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting our customer service team. See section 8: Contact information.
Goodbrand may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. Goodbrand will not charge you for making the request.
If you believe that Goodbrand holds personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and Goodbrand will respond to your request within a reasonable time. Goodbrand will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
If Goodbrand no longer needs your personal information for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Goodbrand will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
Goodbrand will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Opting Out / Unsubscribe
At any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue. Each of our marketing emails will have an unsubscribe function which will allow you to unsubscribe from all future marketing communications. All of our marketing SMS messages will also contain an unsubscribe feature. Outside of these channels, you can opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Cross-border disclosure
Goodbrand may disclose your personal information to recipients overseas (including in the Philippines, Vietnam, Hong Kong and New Zealand,) to assist Goodbrand in providing you with products or services.
Goodbrand will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
9. Contact information
If you require further information regarding this policy or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs by Goodbrand, please contact us at email@example.com. A senior member of staff will review your complaint within 5 business days and respond to you in writing advising what action(s) Kogan will take as a result of your complaint.
10. Goodbrand website
When transmitting personal information from your computer to a Goodbrand website or to a Goodbrand branded website operated by one of our third party partners, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Goodbrand will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
Goodbrand operated websites and Goodbrand branded websites operated by our third party partners may use "cookies" to help personalise your online experience and save you time across the Goodbrand Group websites. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Goodbrand Group websites. Some Goodbrand Group websites are operated and maintained by third parties to whom Goodbrand has partnered with to provide you with their products and services under the Goodbrand brand. These websites will be subject to the website terms and conditions of the third party partner who operates the website, and any transactions you conduct on these websites will be between you and the third party partner.